Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I have a fan...

Someone reached out to me on Facebook and asked what was up with my blog. To quote "Uh, dude, the blogging is done? Sept. 18th?" which was the date of my last post. No, the blogging is not done, it was just on a small hiatus. I originally eased up because I was doing the fitness bootcamp (which I loved) and quite frankly could only focus on one activity solely for my own personal fulfillment at a time. Then I was having trouble with my motivation, my blogging mojo, so to speak. I have had a ton of ideas, the election alone is fodder for ample opinions, but when it was time to put pen to paper, nothin'. My trusty notebook has been with me the whole time and is filled with opening sentences, thought bubbles, but nothing concrete. So this is me taking the necessary baby steps back to espousing my view on all things happening in the world.

1. The Secret Life of Bees was a good read and I am looking forward to the movie.

2. Tina Fey is the greatest female comedian since Lucille Ball and I forgive her for that Hillary thing.

3. I fell terrible that I have not seen the new Spike Lee movie yet.

4. I'm pretty sure that Puffy and Aubrey from Danity Kane had a physical relationship, they're disgust for each other is the type that comes from having been intimate w/someone. I love that song "Damaged".

5. I heard Jennifer Hudson say "mowtoe", she meant to say "motto". This happened when she was on Oprah. Ouch!!

6. In less then 20 days "Obama 08" will be a reality or there will be riots.

7. I think I want to become a personal trainer.

8. I've decided that I want my daughter educated in a same sex environment.

9. I have become a fan of "The View" this season, I DVR it and watch later. The hot topics portion is good t.v., Joy Behar is my favorite. I like Whoppie but she pissed me off when they had that conversation about the use of the "N" word and I'm holding a grudge.

10. To be fair I have at least one other fan, my sister has been on my case about getting back to the blog, but she is required to love what I do.

11. I celebrated my birthday in September.

12. My son started Viola lessons at school and seems to like it. Please God let this be the "thing". He needs another "thing" besides the Wii and Playstation.

13. I got onto Twitter.

Thanks Dee.

7 comments:

AFRo said...

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only freak out there who is pumped that the Secret Life of Bees is coming out soon. I read the book in less than 2 days.

erin said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed your posts. Excited about the viola too.

Dee said...

Nice to have you back. Sometimes in life you just need a lil kick in the tushy .....

Mrs. MR said...

afro- The only thing about reading the book that started to get to me was once I saw the ads for the movie and I knew which role Latifah was playing I couldn't get her voice out of my head when reading that character.

The F_Uitlist said...

I see Dee did what she does best, lighting a fire up under folks. such a tyrant

Well glad you are back! I was tired of looking at that countdown to when i get to vote.

Anonymous said...

I've only been a father for 31 days, but I agree with you on #8. I'd like my daughter to engage with math and science when she starts school. A few articles I've read state that girls tend to have more confidence in these academic areas in a same sex environment. What are you reasons for wanting your daughter in a same sex school?

Mrs. MR said...

misterpv-

1st. let me say Congrats!! on the birth of your daughter.
2nd. let me say Damn! she is only 34 days old and you are planning ways to keep her from boys already. :)
I like you have done some research, visited some schools (online and in person) and most importantly assessed my daughter's personality, strengths and challenges and I think for her a single sex educ. would be best. I want her to thrive, be competitive and not worry about how she looks or her is looking at her. I think that regardless of the quality of the work boys still rule in the classroom and this would remove that issue for her. I also think women who come up in those types of environments feel better prepared to deal with men in the workplace. My sister went to a single sex college and she's pretty smart. I always tell her that it is as important for a girl to feel smart and strong as it is to feel pretty (in that order) and I think in a community of women those messages are more respected.