Sunday, May 25, 2008

More tea talk...


My first post was 5 days ago and it has had a profound impact on my life. First, I think I could really get hooked on this blogging thing, I've since started carrying a notebook to record random thoughts or ideas to write about. Second, I loved the attention I got from those who commented on my first post, it doesn't even matter that of the 5 posted comments I received 3 came from my 2 sisters and one from someone who is sorta like a sister to me . The 5th came from my new best friend, big shout outs to 12Kyle. My husband read it and said it was "nice" which I'm deciding meant he "loved" it. The 3rd most profound effect blogging has had on my life, is that I had my first "sweet tea" today. That's right a whopping 5 days after I went on and on about the masterful goodness that is McD's "sweet tea". Now I know what your thinking "what kind of sweet tea crack head could she be"? Did she just do it for the sake of fame? The answer is no, rest assured I am the real deal and while I hadn't had on in about a week, I had been thinking about having one everyday. The problem is, that calorie information really got to me. I have this christening to go to in a few weeks and I bought this dress and hold it... I know what your thinking but the dress fits, it would just fit so much better less a few pounds. An additional 200+ calories (sometimes double that) a day is going to make that dress thing a real issue. So I just eased up a little. There is no need to go into detail on the effects of the banana pudding I had on Wednesday night and the peach cobbler I had on Thursday night, that just won't be helpful to what I am trying to convey here. The point is today when I sipped that nectar of the gods (w/2 lemons) I realized how much I missed it and it missed me. So I have decided to find my dress motivation elsewhere, I will be having another sweet tea tomorrow.

Maybe I'll have another opinion to share soon.....Be well.

1 comment:

Dee said...

AH, I see you've cut back on the Diabetes tea, very good! That was quite a lot of sugar you were ingesting. Why don't you move on to a healthier addiction: might I suggest the Whoopie Pies at Wholefoods? They're organic! LOL.