Monday, June 23, 2008

Chicks rule...

A colleague of mine at work found out that I started blogging. "HE" was intrigued and we talked about new media, embracing technology, blah, blah, blah. A day or so later he brings up to another colleague that I have a blog and then says that he has decided to start one as well, because if I (me) could do it then it can't be that hard. Now there is some truth to that statement, it was not that difficult to start this thing up, but that is not the point and it made me think a little.
There are many things women do that look easy when you are simply an observer (childbirth excluded because it is not and does not look easy!). The art to being a woman is doing all that we do and making it look effortless-something men are not so nuanced at. Ask any woman who works full time in the home or outside. Ask any woman who cares for others before she cares for herself. Ask any woman who is often more educated and is forced to work harder and get paid less then the men who do the same job she does. Ask any woman you know wife, mother or sister and see what they have to say. To you sir I say "Anything you can do, I can do better...Bring it!!!

Maybe I will have another opinion to share soon...Be well.

1 comment:

The F_Uitlist said...

CHALLLENNGEEE!

I already heard this story but I still don't know where he gets off saying that nonsense. He had better watch it or he may very well become the topic of discussion elsewhere.