Friday, June 20, 2008

For the wives...

My hubby is the "shiznit"-good looking, smart as a whip, funny, hard working, a great dad and takes care of business (if you know what I mean- wink, wink!). So here's the thing why is this incredibly capable man rendered helpless every time I send him to the supermarket without me. I almost always send him with a list if there are more then three items that are in need, but he still calls me. One night recently, with list in hand off he went.
  • On the list chicken legs and chicken thighs.
  • Phone call: "They don't have the legs." Response: "Okay, don't get them."
  • On the list 1lb. of deli turkey.
  • Phone call: " The deli line is long." Response: "Okay, wait on the line and get the turkey."
My son kept looking at the caller ID every time the phone rang and would say "It's daddy again". Four calls later he triumphantly returned with as many items as he could get and I think slightly relieved to be done with the task. I guess I need to be appreciative of the fact that he wants to get it right, to please me. The last time I sent him to the store and he didn't call, he came home with a generic box of grits. What's a girl to do? Luv ya boo!

Maybe I will have another opinion to share soon...Be well.

1 comment:

The F_Uitlist said...

HAHA its all men! But you should no better than to send a Puerto Rican to get grits! LMAO (you know I love you MR.Ramirez,its only COOMEDY)