Monday, June 16, 2008

Gone, but hopefully not forgotten...

Hey, I know your are wondering where I've been for the last 2 weeks (which totally felt much longer). Work and home was on overdrive and I also took a little weekend jaunt in between. All those things combined left no time for the blogsphere. But have no fear I had my trusty notebook w/me at all times and my observations have been recorded and I am happy to share them w/you. Hmmm, where should I start...
  • I participated in what is thought to be the biggest online American Idol pool in the country (2nd yr.) but I didn't have David Cook in my top four, so I didn't win a damn dime.
  • Flavor Flav has finally found love, he asked his last "baby's Mama" to marry him. There is truly someone out there for everybody or a fool born every minute, pick your poison. YUCK!!
  • The season finale of "LOST" was amazing. No, I didn't expect Locke to be in the coffin, but no worries nothing on the island is as it seems, so I'm sure he is not really dead.
  • Gas prices make my stomach hurt. The day that I finally paid over $4 a gallon a tear came to my eye. There is no going back people, these prices are here to stay.
  • I saw a grown up movie. I went to an opening night screening of Sex and the City (thanks A.P). I was stunned at the numbers of women (all shapes, sizes and colors) that turned out to see the movie. I hope they all turnout like that in November.
  • Speaking of November- Obama, Obama, Obama!!! Barack Obama clinched the Democratic nomination for the presidency. While I have been swept up by the possibility of his accession and believe in him, I did not have that same faith in this country. I thought something would happen, something would come up and snatch the hope away, but thank God I was wrong. I love his confidence, his compassion and his intellect. I also loved when he changed up his fashion game the week of 5/28 and put aside the requisite dark suit and wore a "tannish" suit, OMG! he looked so sharp, sooooo...Presidential. The link is a nice photo album of his life, thanks for sending it to me C.J. http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interactive.aspx?type=ss&launch=16456639,16438329&pg=26
  • As a NYorker I had the opportunity to vote for Hillary Clinton in the last 2 Senate elections she ran in, and I did on both occasions. After this whole primary thing, I've seen and heard somethings from her that don't sit so well with me. I'm not so sure that I would vote for her again. I read an interesting editorial in Newsweek about the fallout along gender and race lines that this election has stirred up, its written by Marjorie Valbrun- http://www.newsweek.com/id/138514
I definitely have some other opinions to share soon...Be Well

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was starting to miss what you have to say...keep the postings coming...I know it's not easy. By the way, I finally saw SITC last Friday and I must say I loved it! It was really funny because the Zohan movie was also playing and you could definitely see the difference in crowds. What I enjoyed the most was the way the strength of their friendship was portrayed throughout the film.

The F_Uitlist said...

WELCOME BACK Slacker. haha

I went through that Obama slide show 3x's and I did not see him in the tan suit.

Mrs. MR said...

Hey, thanks for the missing what I have to share. Sorry, the tan suit pic is not in that slide show.