Friday, June 27, 2008

Word is bond...

Lately, I haven't felt much love for Hillary Clinton. I even said a few posts back that I'm not sure I would vote for her again if she has aspirations to continue on in her role as a senator for the state of NY . But I must admit since the race between her and Obama is over and she has stepped out of the limelight, I have begun to soften a bit. I'm not saying she's my girl or anything, I'm just saying that without the intensity of the competition I can see how hard this whole thing must have been for her. She dreamed big and lost. I am particularly empathetic to the feelings that she must have had to deal with, the loss of a dream that about a year ago seemed so assured that she could taste it. Do I think that she also felt a little entitled, Yes! But I also think that entitlement is a trait that goes hand in hand with ambition. After all if you don't strongly believe something is yours for the taking, how hard are you going to work to get it. She always seemed to be a woman of her word, a woman who would stand up for what she believed in even if her view was unpopular. I read an article/saw a news story this week that reminded me of those qualities. The link to the article is below.

Aunt Hillary’ Speaks at Bronx Graduation

She spoke at the high school graduation of a young girl she has known since the age of 2. The young lady was graduating from Pelham Preparatory Academy in the Bronx, NY.
She promised after speaking at the young lady's middle school graduation that she would be there for her when she graduated high school and she kept her word and after all your word is your bond. Good work, Hillary.

Maybe I will have another opinion to share soon...Be well.





No comments: