Thursday, June 26, 2008

This may just be for the ladies...

The other night BET televised it's 8th annual BET Awards show. I generally don't watch the network because the programming is a disappointment and it contributes no true value to the community, in my opinion. Not like in the old days when Bev Francis was on on Sunday mornings talking about the issues or Teen Summit was there to help educate our young people. The point is on occasions like awards shows I might tune in. I actually missed the first hour and a half of the show, but via my sister (who I talk w/multiple times a day) I heard there were some entertaining performances before I began viewing. Alicia Keys performed her song Teenage Love Affair, which ya'll know I love. She also paid homage to some of the best girl groups of the 80's and 90's, she performed with SWV, En Vouge (who looked and sounded amazing) and TLC. It takes a class act like her to give props to those who made it possible for her to blaze the trail she has. OMG!! I can't believe I'm professing my love for her yet again, but anywho.



While that was good what really made my night was the return of Maxwell. Baby, where you been? What you been doin', besides looking fine. He performed as part of a tribute to the Lifetime Achievement award recipient, Al Green (who also set the stage on fire.) I had a moment when he started singing where I'm sure I was squealing or screaming (whichever one is not completely embarrassing) in my basement. He has not lost a step, he was suave, in great voice and entertaining. I checked his MySpace page for album release details, because I'm open now and I need a fix. Alas, it simply says that an album trilogy will be released starting in 08. I will have to return to my ipod and the 35 Maxwell tracks that travel with me daily. If you have more Maxwell music then that, we need to talk so I can find out what I'm missing.

Maybe I will have another opinion to share soon...Be well.


No comments: